Attorney at Law
Adam D. Lustig is a Partner in the Real Estate Group at Bilzin Sumberg. Adam focuses his practice on complex commercial real estate transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, financing, workouts, development and joint ventures involving shopping centers, office buildings, raw land, condominiums and hotels. Adam is the co-chair of the Network Greater Miami Jewish Federation and a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Following the success of the Bilzin Sumberg six-week mock real estate transactions program for summer associates, which Adam was instrumental in creating, he was selected to design a real estate transactions seminar for Harvard Law School, conducted in March 2008.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation, National Young Leadership Cabinet, 2012; Co-Chair of the Network, 2010 and 2011; Member of Executive Committee of the Network, 2009; Co-Chair of Real Estate Network, 2007-2008; Co-Chair of Law Network, 2006
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Young Presidents Club of Mount Sinai Hospital
- The Florida Bar, Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
Publications and Speeches
- Roundtable discussion, Commercial Real Estate Loan Workouts, ICSC Open Air Conference, March 2010
- Real Estate Transactions seminar, Harvard Law School, March 2008
- Roundtable discussion, Exclusives and Restrictive Covenants, ICSC Open Air Conference, March 2008
- Handled in excess of $1 billion in distressed loan workouts and acquisitions in 2009 and 2010.
- Represented the developer in the acquisition, rezoning, financing and redevelopment of a mixed-use development located at 1111 Lincoln Road in Miami Beach, Florida, including a $76 million refinancing that closed in January 2011. The office/retail complex includes a mixed-use parking garage structure designed by worldrenowned architects Herzog and De Meuron.
- Represented a joint venture between affiliates of Terranova Corporation and Acadia Realty Trust in a $52 million acquisition of, and assumption of a securitized loan on, three retail buildings on Lincoln Road in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Represented local developer in connection with approximately $900 million in financing on projects in Florida.
- Represented purchaser in connection with an acquisition and financing of office park on the west coast of Florida, in excess of $90 million.
- Represented purchaser in connection with an acquisition of a Class A office building in downtown Orlando, Florida, in excess of $90 million.
- Represented seller in connection with the sale of a Class B office building on Brickell Avenue in Miami, Florida, in excess of $60 million.
- Represented Pilot Real Estate Group in connection with $3.5 million acquisition and redevelopment loan on Plantation Golf Resort and Spa located in Crystal River, Florida.
- Represented Pilot Real Estate Group in connection with $4 million refinance of construction loan on Ocean Towers at Hammock Beach Condominium located in Palm Coast, Florida.
- Negotiated lease in excess of 60,000 square feet with Winn Dixie as part of settlement of ongoing lawsuit and in connection with Winn Dixie’s emergence from bankruptcy.
- Represented local real estate investment company in connection with closing of over $300 million in acquisitions of shopping centers and office buildings in Florida.
- Represented developer in connection with the extension of existing senior and mezzanine loans on a development project in Miami, Florida.
- Represented developer of failed condo conversion in Miami, Florida, in connection with workout, modification and extension of loan.